How to Pick the Right Home Builder
September 10th, 2020 | by caronq
If you’re planning to build your dream home, you want to work with someone who is capable and trustworthy enough to get the job done properly and on schedule. No matter what kind of home you’re building, you should always expect quality workmanship from the pro. Here’s how to ensure that you get the right one.
Make a List of Prospects
Once you’ve visualized the look of your dream home, then you can get started on looking for prospective builders to hire for your project. Here are a few tips you should keep in mind:
- Get in touch with your local home builders association, and make a list of reliable home builders that have previously accomplished projects in your area.
- Check out your paper’s real estate listings to see if there are any home builders offering their services. You can even get the chance to see the quality of their work, and you can directly ask them for a quotation so you can set up your budget.
- Contact local real estate agents to link you up with trusted home builders.
- Ask your friends and family for personal recommendations of trusted home builders they have worked with before.
Vet and Research
- After you’ve come up with a shortlist of custom home construction experts, here are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Ask them if they can give you a list of recent occupants. Inquire if they have flexible payment options, warranties, etc.
- Make an ocular on the homebuilder’s newly finished projects. Briefly introduce yourself to the homeowners, and explain that you’re taking a look at the builder’s accomplished projects. You can take this opportunity to ask them about their experience and if they’re satisfied with their workmanship and customer service.
Prioritize Quality and Value
When you’re at an open house, pay close attention to the quality of the materials used. Inspect if the building looks stable, look at the quality of the woodwork, exterior paint, siding and woodwork. You can even ask for an estimate of how much the project costs so that you have a better idea of how much you’ll invest for your project.
Are you still looking for a home remodeling and construction expert? Trust in Peartree Renovations & Marine Construction. We have been creating our clients’ dream homes since 2012. Contact us at (843) 428-2546, or fill out our request form.